May 20, 2015
Three weeks of change
This is not my first day of starting to reorganize the way I eat. I started three weeks ago. Writing this journal came to me now because in all honestly, I know I can stick to this. Call me a coward - I can take it.
My two best food friends in the world are bread and cheese. I don't care in which way they are prepared, or by what nationality. A grilled cheese, quesadilla, pizza have always been my go to comfort foods. So the idea of quitting dairy (more on that later), bread and grains, and sugar really seemed a bit overwhelming.
I did find some very helpful sites to get started, my favorite being Paleo Leap, but I just kinda jumped in because that's what I do. From the very start I began to feel better. I have done Atkins before, and have the same feeling like I am just running on a cleaner fuel. Of course with Atkins however - I found ways to hang out with my friend cheese.
Weight did not come off right away and I was very frustrated the first two-three weeks. I mean, come on. I was doing my best and not even so much as looking at my 2 year old's slice of pizza. But at the end of week three I started to notice that my clothes were really starting to fit differently. I guess the point here is to remind myself that if I hit plateaus, I need to stick them out because this is a life change not a temporary contest for good behavior.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment